TheBoxbreakers.com Sportscard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby FB Group Break

+14
Takeobeavis
Redman5422
rareluck
qoolness
Cool_Hand_Flash
MWS
dvashun
somecards4sale
ajsquiggy
gadsden86
bajmurray
deantap
Cardman123
TheBoxbreakers
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby FB Group Break - Page 4 Empty Re: TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby FB Group Break

Post by TheBoxbreakers Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm

gadsden86 wrote:Chris looks like this is 1 huge booklet....

Ø Rookie Yearbook Card - Giant-sized book card featuring the group shot at the NFLPA Rookie Premiere on the left inside panel & patch relics of each player on the right inside panel - #’d to 5

info found here....
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/football/112919-new-2012-topps-five-star-football-hobby-exclusive.html

If this is what it is I would vote for selling and splitting. It's only the 2nd time in our 6 years of voting that way but with that many teams involved I think it's the thing to do. Sounds like a really unique item!

TheBoxbreakers

http://www.theboxbreakers.com

Back to top Go down

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby FB Group Break - Page 4 Empty Re: TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby FB Group Break

Post by TheBoxbreakers Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm

I'll check back in on this conversation after the High End....

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by gadsden86 Wed May 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Chris i just shot an email to topps for a bit more info but you may be right if we sell it and split between the 3 tied teams? Or all on card. I think the 3 teams would be the way to go if we go by the rules set in place.
I would love to have this card in my pc if it was mine and i'm sure others would as well.

gadsden86
gadsden86

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Wed May 01, 2013 10:25 pm

If we sell, I suggest it is spread evenly amongt all teams and owners represented, with proportions based on ownership. Don't forget, there are owners that own mulitiple teams represented on the card. I don't think it should be divided by just the 3 teams that have 3 players represented, even though I would be one of those teams with the Rams.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Wed May 01, 2013 10:27 pm

By the way...thanks for the break Chris! Beautiful AP to finsih it off, and it is my first AP!!

The draft didn't go as I expected, so I will be releasing the Raiders and Cardinals in this next month.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by qoolness Wed May 01, 2013 10:39 pm

While I agree that any of us would love to have the card in our PCs, I think with a monster hit - arguably the best of the product - like this, I think selling and splitting evenly is a fair conclusion. Owners that have multiple teams would get double or triple portions of the divided shares. Also, if it is sold, anyone among the shared owners would also have a shot at it, if we wanted to try to buy it.

Also, from what I can see Cardman123 has the most players on the card with 5.

Monster hit and super fun break as always. Titans actually showed me some love for once.
qoolness
qoolness

Back to top Go down

Post by gadsden86 Wed May 01, 2013 11:01 pm

seems the consensus is to sell it i'm curious what it goes for.
gadsden86
gadsden86

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 pm

I would agree that there are just too many people with a stake in it. Much like we did for those of you in the Multi-Sport break a couple years ago when we pulled the uncut sheet from Exquisite Basketball. Too many folks involved so it made sense to sell.

So the next question is, redeem and see how long it takes to get, or try to sell as a redemption while the product is still new. I say redeem so we see what we're dealing with. From there I'll be looking for opinions on the best way to sell (Best offer on Ebay would be my recommendation) and for how much.

But for now...I'm going to bed!

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by MWS Wed May 01, 2013 11:38 pm

I say we sell it and have a break with the money
MWS
MWS

Back to top Go down

Post by gadsden86 Wed May 01, 2013 11:43 pm

I say sell the redemption unless topps says it is ready to go. What if its never made then what?
My 2 cents is to sell the redemption.
gadsden86
gadsden86

Back to top Go down

Post by qoolness Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Let me preface this by saying that I REALLY, REALLY want to see what the card looks like ...
The value is highest now because the product is still pretty fresh and a new class of rookies hasn't rolled out yet. Doesn't look like one has been sold yet, so that is a plus as well. Maybe it is sitting at Topps right now waiting to be shipped a la the the gold contenders of a couple years ago that Panini had.
It is worth finding out ... but if not, I think selling the redemption is smart.
qoolness
qoolness

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Thu May 02, 2013 12:02 am

qoolness wrote:While I agree that any of us would love to have the card in our PCs, I think with a monster hit - arguably the best of the product - like this, I think selling and splitting evenly is a fair conclusion. Owners that have multiple teams would get double or triple portions of the divided shares. Also, if it is sold, anyone among the shared owners would also have a shot at it, if we wanted to try to buy it.

Also, from what I can see Cardman123 has the most players on the card with 5.

Monster hit and super fun break as always. Titans actually showed me some love for once.
I actually have 6 players on it...3 with the Rams, and one each with the Vikings, Cardinals and Saints. That being said, I would still like to see it divided amongst all owners involved.

I agree that Topps should be contacted to see if the card is ready to ship. My guess is that they have them already. If it is ready, I think having the card in hand may have it sell for more.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by MWS Thu May 02, 2013 12:08 am

If I read right the card is just a big patch card. I don't think its going to bring much but would be nice to see it. Selling the redeption would be a good idea.
MWS
MWS

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Thu May 02, 2013 1:56 am

MWS wrote:If I read right the card is just a big patch card. I don't think its going to bring much but would be nice to see it. Selling the redeption would be a good idea.
It is going to have 36 patches on it....one patch from each player.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by rareluck Thu May 02, 2013 5:45 am

rareluck
rareluck

Back to top Go down

Post by gadsden86 Thu May 02, 2013 10:29 am

Yea i think thats pretty close. Thought it was autos and patches... no? I say sell the redemption. start at like 500 and let it ride.
gadsden86
gadsden86

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Thu May 02, 2013 11:32 am

It is probably the same card, just the sigs are replaced with patches. It should be beautiful.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by bajmurray Thu May 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Instead of ebay, would it be better to consign it to somewhere like Beckett Auctions, where there is more of a guarantee that we would actually get paid?

Just worried about the risk of false chargebacks through PayPal.

bajmurray

Back to top Go down

Post by Redman5422 Fri May 03, 2013 2:13 pm

WOW!!! Thanks for the awesome break Chris! Lovin the Titus 1/1 Logoshield auto!! cheers

Redman5422

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeobeavis Fri May 03, 2013 5:15 pm

I think it should be randomed between the people that have teams, 1 spot per team. Unless its going to be a 2k card, why not let someone get a really cool hit. 10 or 15 dollars is not going to make or break my day. But that card could be the top piece of someones collection or allow them to trade/sell it for the card they have always wanted.

Takeobeavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Redman5422 Fri May 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Takeobeavis wrote:I think it should be randomed between the people that have teams, 1 spot per team. Unless its going to be a 2k card, why not let someone get a really cool hit. 10 or 15 dollars is not going to make or break my day. But that card could be the top piece of someones collection or allow them to trade/sell it for the card they have always wanted.

I would agree with this because those with more teams have a better chance, but someone with one team still has a chance. Better than splitting it 32 ways imo. Put out three options on what to do with it and lets vote?

Redman5422

Back to top Go down

Post by bajmurray Fri May 03, 2013 5:30 pm

I say let Chris make the decision. He has always been fair with everyone in the breaks.

bajmurray

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Fri May 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Takeobeavis wrote:I think it should be randomed between the people that have teams, 1 spot per team. Unless its going to be a 2k card, why not let someone get a really cool hit. 10 or 15 dollars is not going to make or break my day. But that card could be the top piece of someones collection or allow them to trade/sell it for the card they have always wanted.
I have no problem with that, but if we went that route, it should be randomed between all players represented on the card, not each team. Some teams have multiple players represented on the card, so they should have bigger shot at the random.

Personally, with me having 6 players on the card, there is an arguement that it should be mine because I have the most players represented. I have no problem giving everyone a shot at the card that has their team player(s) represented, but it should be done fairly.

I agree with Bajmurray. Chris has always been fair, and he will make the right decision for all involved.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Sat May 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Hey guys, waiting on a response from Topps on any details about the book and if it might be ready to send out if redeemed.

I'll follow up with anything I find out and we'll go from there. I suspect we won't be getting rich off this book but it could certainly be an interesting piece.

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBKONING Sat May 04, 2013 7:59 pm

I guess Im missing something here. Why doesnt the card go to Joe? If this was a live card wouldnt we count the players represented and give it to that owner? Seems like a no brainer to me.

BOBKONING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next