TheBoxbreakers.com Sportscard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Moderators!

3 posters

Go down

Looking for Moderators! Empty Looking for Moderators!

Post by TheBoxbreakers Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:24 am

Hi folks and welcome again to the new site. We are obviously starting from scratch here so our membership numbers while growing quickly are still pretty low. As we start to grow I will be looking for any volunteers out there to become more involved in promoting and supporting the site as Moderators. If anyone is interested send me a PM and we'll see if we can get you more involved. Thanks for considering helping out the site!

TheBoxbreakers

http://www.theboxbreakers.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for Moderators! Empty Re: Looking for Moderators!

Post by sportscloset12 Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:22 am

I thought I would give some background on my collecting experience as a way of getting to know me better.

My first card was a 1952 Topps Willie Mays Rookie Card that I won at a kids carnival when I was 6 years old. A dad behind me, said keep that card it is a really nice card. It was two days later I was visiting my grandma and asked her if she could drive me to the local card shop. The owner told me how to take care of the card, then showed me a way of looking the card up in a catelog, the low end and high end. Then offered me $200 in store credit. My grandma took me home, then next day after school bugged my parents to take me as they said okay to the sale. That is how I got hooked.

I have been a collector going on 22 years, but started selling on ebay and forums since 2008, which is also when I started getting into group breaks. Many group hosts, stopped running them in 2010 and it took me until September 2011 when I came across the Boxbreakers. I have been doing the High End group break since April 2012 and will continue as long as that group break runs. I collect mainly any Dallas Cowboys players, or nice football cards. Starting in 2013 I decided after 11 years of being out of Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey that this year I am branching out. I hope to promote this site to make one of the best forums, brainstorm contests and giveaways, and really just help Chris out in any way I can. If you have any comments or ideas about contests send me a message on here or you can email me at: sportscloset12@gmail.com. I look forward to serving this small community as one of the Mods and help bring some awesome prizes or pulls your way. I will try to respond to requests as soon as I can, as that is why Chris needs some people on his team to help out from time to time.

Sincerely,
Jonathan T
sportscloset12
sportscloset12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks to Jonathan for joining the Moderating team as he joins Mike (MWS) in helping out the site. I really appreciate their offer to step up and help as they do this on their own time so it's certainly appreciated. Our hope is obviously to grow our membership so we can become a frequently used site not just to promote the group breaks (which will always remain a big part of our community) but also to be the site that people come to first to share their new pick ups, discuss the latest sports rumors, or just to connect with others who love the hobby as much as we do.

I'll ask help by not only our Mods but of all our members to help promote the site as it will hopefully benefit us all in the end. The more uyou can refer others to the site, send links by social media to any interesting posts or group break opportunities, the more you can start hosting some breaks yourself to bring more members in or running contests or giveaways, it's all encouraged and appreciated!

Admin
Admin

https://theboxbreakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum