TheBoxbreakers.com Sportscard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby FB Group Break

+14
Takeobeavis
Redman5422
rareluck
qoolness
Cool_Hand_Flash
MWS
dvashun
somecards4sale
ajsquiggy
gadsden86
bajmurray
deantap
Cardman123
TheBoxbreakers
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby FB Group Break - Page 5 Empty Re: TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby FB Group Break

Post by Cardman123 Sat May 04, 2013 9:24 pm

BOBKONING wrote:I guess Im missing something here. Why doesnt the card go to Joe? If this was a live card wouldnt we count the players represented and give it to that owner? Seems like a no brainer to me.
I feel kind of awkward taking this stance, but now that we have seen the card (no more mystery), I agree with Bob. The rules do state that mulit-team card ownership is primarily determined by majority player ownership, and now that we know what the card is, ownership has been determined. In the previous case when we received something similar (the uncut sheet), I don't think we were able to pre-determine ownership. That doesn't apply here.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby FB Group Break - Page 5 Empty Re: TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby FB Group Break

Post by TheBoxbreakers Sat May 04, 2013 10:10 pm

BOBKONING wrote:I guess Im missing something here. Why doesnt the card go to Joe? If this was a live card wouldnt we count the players represented and give it to that owner? Seems like a no brainer to me.

I definitely haven't ruled that out but I need to know more about the card before determining ownership. Still waiting on Topps to get back to me but if indeed it's what we think it may be I think that it would make sense to award it to Joe (per our current rules state). I also think that Joe may have a rule named after him (ala Kiansdad rule) as going forward if a card has so many players involved it may have to be handled uniquely. Right now though I think we should honor the rules as stated but I would need to verify the cards contents. More to come...

TheBoxbreakers

http://www.theboxbreakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 pm

TheBoxbreakers wrote:

I definitely haven't ruled that out but I need to know more about the card before determining ownership. Still waiting on Topps to get back to me but if indeed it's what we think it may be I think that it would make sense to award it to Joe (per our current rules state). I also think that Joe may have a rule named after him (ala Kiansdad rule) as going forward if a card has so many players involved it may have to be handled uniquely. Right now though I think we should honor the rules as stated but I would need to verify the cards contents. More to come...
No problem Chris. I think it is correct that you have the right information on the card before the final decision is rendered.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by kpit1978 Sun May 05, 2013 4:48 pm

I know I would like the chance to add this to my own collection, but I've got to agree that the precedent has been set with Kiansdad's rule and it should be going to Joe. We've all had our ups and downs with the rule but it's in place deal with situations just like this one.
I have no problem with a change in Kiansdad's to handle any similar situations in the future. Based on our past experience with the uncut sheet, I would like to see some kind of price point in place. For example if we can't get a $50 value back per ownership claim then we would randomize it amongst the people having a stake in the card. As much as I appreciate the extra work that Chris had to go through dealing with the uncut sheet I would rather it had stayed within the group and had at least a chance at adding it to my own collection, or seen it go to someone else within the group instead of selling it for what we did.
I do like how Chris is taking the time to get the proper information from Topps before making the final decision. I trust Chris's judgement and am sure he will always do his best for all of us.
kpit1978
kpit1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Sun May 05, 2013 5:00 pm

I won't lie....I have no idea what kiansdad rule is.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by qoolness Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 pm

I think value is so subjective, that to have a rule that kicks in at a certain price, isn't the smartest decision. One of the reasons I like this group is because of the rules Chris has always had that never put anything in doubt. I think the rules should be followed always, regardless of perceived value. If it is cut and dry, it is cut and dry.
qoolness
qoolness

Back to top Go down

Post by 11eleven11 Wed May 08, 2013 12:21 pm

I couldn't have said it any better! The card belongs to Joe.

11eleven11

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Wed May 08, 2013 12:44 pm

For the record....if I do get this card, I can guarantee everyone will get a chance to see it. I don't sell a lot of stuff. While I can't guarantee it won't be sold, with three Rams being on it plus a great rookie class, I will probably have it mounted on a plaque and hung in my office.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by RedLeader Thu May 09, 2013 7:23 am

Cardman123 wrote:For the record....if I do get this card, I can guarantee everyone will get a chance to see it. I don't sell a lot of stuff. While I can't guarantee it won't be sold, with three Rams being on it plus a great rookie class, I will probably have it mounted on a plaque and hung in my office.

I would love to see the card, personally! Very Happy

RedLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by MWS Sat May 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Hey Chris has everything been shipped?
MWS
MWS

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Sun May 12, 2013 7:10 pm

MWS wrote:Hey Chris has everything been shipped?

Yes, I apologize about the delays. Some were shipped out on Tuesday and the rest went out on Friday. I know I have been delayed on the shipments the last couple months and it's due to my new job being beyond hectic but my schedule changes in a couple weeks and that should help. Sorry again about that guys!

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by MWS Sun May 12, 2013 7:40 pm

I understand I'm going threw the same thing with work. Busy as heck! Thanks for letting me know. I was more woeeied about things getting lost in the mail.
MWS
MWS

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Mon May 13, 2013 2:06 pm

TheBoxbreakers wrote:Hits from Limited;

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby FB Group Break - Page 5 028

That sure is a pretty card. Too bad the guy is a complete knucklehead who will be lucky to ever play another down in the NFL.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 pm

TheBoxbreakers wrote:

Yes, I apologize about the delays. Some were shipped out on Tuesday and the rest went out on Friday. I know I have been delayed on the shipments the last couple months and it's due to my new job being beyond hectic but my schedule changes in a couple weeks and that should help. Sorry again about that guys!

Chris, if you are too jammed up at work with the new job, if you feel it would be easier to take May off and let you focus on the more important things, I'm sure all of us would understand. With the late start, it might be hard getting this Month's breaks to reach capacity anyways...especially the multi-sport.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Mon May 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Cardman123 wrote:
TheBoxbreakers wrote:

Chris, if you are too jammed up at work with the new job, if you feel it would be easier to take May off and let you focus on the more important things, I'm sure all of us would understand. With the late start, it might be hard getting this Month's breaks to reach capacity anyways...especially the multi-sport.

Thanks Joe. I've mentioned that possibility to a couple folks who have asked me about this month. Not sure I want to pull the plug yet so I'll determine that by Wednesday at the latest. Thanks guys!

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by bajmurray Mon May 13, 2013 7:01 pm

I would not have a problem with a month off.

bajmurray

Back to top Go down

Post by MWS Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 pm

I good with that also and got my cards today thanks Chris!
MWS
MWS

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Wed May 15, 2013 9:56 pm

I'll get caught up on all the changes folks but I have decided to cancel the breaks for May as I have just been too busy to get too far on it and time is too short to get it together. With my work schedule I could use a month off and should be good to go for June. Thanks for understanding guys!

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by gadsden86 Thu May 16, 2013 8:14 pm

thats cool thanks Chris.
gadsden86
gadsden86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5