TheBoxbreakers.com Sportscard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby #2 Group Break

+4
kpit1978
Takeobeavis
Cardman123
TheBoxbreakers
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby #2 Group Break Empty TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby #2 Group Break

Post by TheBoxbreakers Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:39 pm

The Hobby #2 Football Group break is a break that gives you the opportunity for cards from your team from a range of hobby boxes from mid range to high end boxes from the last 2-3 years. We do allow our participants to retain their team(s) from one month to the next for as long as they choose to continue. While we do get plenty of turnover as some folks flip from team to team or group to group, we also have had folks with the same team claimed for years so keep your eyes open for openings in this one! All boxes will be on Youtube and the break will take place right here on this thread.
Facts you need to know;

Cost: $50 for 1st team and $47 for each additional team after that. We also offer optional draft slots for unclaimed teams at $20 per slot.
Payment Due Date: April 20th
Break Date: May 1

Product List: (Based on 20 teams filled)
2012 Topps Five Star
2012 Topps Prime
2012 Limited
2012 Certified
2011 Gold Standard
2011 Absolute Memorabilia
2010 Plates & Patches

Participants:

49ers - KPit1978
Bears -
Bengals - Takeobeavis
Bills - Dvashun
Broncos - Yzerisdaman
Browns - Crpalmi
Buccaneers - Dvashun
Cardinals - Cardman123
Chargers -
Chiefs -
Colts - Yzerisdaman
Cowboys - Redman
Dolphins- KPit1978
Eagles -
Falcons -
Giants - Somecards4sale
Jaguars -
Jets - BobKoning
Lions -
Packers - KPit1978
Panthers - Redleader
Patriots - Dvashun
Raiders - Cardman123
Rams - Takeobeavis
Ravens -
Redskins - Yankees0301
Saints -
Seahawks - 19th Century Indy
Steelers -
Texans -
Titans -
Vikings - Thump54

Draft Slots for Unclaimed Teams;
Yzerisdaman
Yzerisdaman
Takeobeavis
Yankees0301
Yankees0301
Somecards4sale
Crpalmi
Crpalmi

Last edited by TheBoxbreakers on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:10 am; edited 11 times in total

TheBoxbreakers

http://www.theboxbreakers.com

Back to top Go down

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby #2 Group Break Empty Re: TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby #2 Group Break

Post by Cardman123 Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:40 am

With Ultra High-End, Casebreakers and Multi-sport going, I need to drop the Rams in this one.

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby #2 Group Break Empty Re: TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby #2 Group Break

Post by Takeobeavis Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm

I will take the rams

Takeobeavis

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Giants are available!

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by kpit1978 Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:25 am

TheBoxbreakers wrote:Giants are available!

I'll grab them.
kpit1978
kpit1978

Back to top Go down

Post by kpit1978 Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:12 pm

kpit1978 wrote:
TheBoxbreakers wrote:Giants are available!

I'll grab them.

Changed my mind on this. I'm going to put the funds towards a draft slot in the Ultra high end instead.
kpit1978
kpit1978

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:59 am

Jets and Lions are now available!

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by RedLeader Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 am

Hey Chris,
Just sent payment for the Panthers. Sorry I forgot about it, I got distracted with the Ultimate Multi-sport break! Oye. Pymt is on its way for April though. pale

RedLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Ravens are available!

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by somecards4sale Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:06 am

i can help with the bears if they remain undrafted,Chris!

somecards4sale

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeobeavis Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Chris if it helps I can pick up a draft team or I can drop the Rams and pick up 4 draft teams.

Takeobeavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:55 pm

I am making a pre-emptive strike. I will pick up the Cardinals and Raiders for this break. Doing the same in Hobby #1

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Takeobeavis wrote:Chris if it helps I can pick up a draft team or I can drop the Rams and pick up 4 draft teams.

Thanks Travis, how about if I add the draft slot for you. You can add the $20 whenever you get a chance. Thanks again!

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:45 am

Sorry to do this guys but there are still way more payments that I've still not received than normal so with $4,000 still due I just can't front that much money so I'm pushing Group Break Night back to Wednesday May 1st (which includes this break). Hopefully I can get enough payments in over today and Monday that we can start the drafts of unclaimed teams on Monday evening so we can break Wednesday.

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by RedLeader Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:55 pm

NP Chris, Wed is fine with me too. Thx for all the hard work on these breaks!

Also, with the 2013 NFL draft upon us, when do these new draft picks start showing up in the cards? What are the first sets to have autos with the new guys?

Thx again

RedLeader

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:05 am

RedLeader wrote:NP Chris, Wed is fine with me too. Thx for all the hard work on these breaks!

Also, with the 2013 NFL draft upon us, when do these new draft picks start showing up in the cards? What are the first sets to have autos with the new guys?

Thx again

I avoid Sage or Press Pass so it's usually Bowman and Prestige in June that are first to release.

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

TheBoxbreakers.com April Hobby #2 Group Break Empty Draft is LIVE!

Post by TheBoxbreakers Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Hey guys, it's time to start the draft! I took a couple extra slots but we are still 3 slots short so I am going to cut out the box of 2011 Gridiron Legends. Sorry about that but that was our cheapest box so hopefully not a show stopper for anyone! Our draft may begin immediately and we'll need to keep it moving since I can't break until we can wrap it up (or at least my picks).

On the clock: Somecards4sale
On-deck: Takeobeavis

Draft Order:
1. Yankees0301 - Ravens
2. Crpalmi - Titans
3. Yzerisdaman - Eagles
4. Somecards4sale Bears
5. Takeobeavis Lions
6. Yankees0301 Falcons
7. Yzerisdaman Saints
8. Crpalmi Jags

Available Teams;
Chargers
Chiefs
Steelers
Texans

Last edited by TheBoxbreakers on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:51 am

Some proxy picks are in and Somecards4sale is up.

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:18 am

Somecards4sale takes the Bears. Takeobeavis is up.

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeobeavis Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:59 pm

If a lion and a jag got in a fight,who would win. I will take the Lions.

Takeobeavis

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Final Draft Results;

Draft Order:
1. Yankees0301 - Ravens
2. Crpalmi - Titans
3. Yzerisdaman - Eagles
4. Somecards4sale - Bears
5. Takeobeavis - Lions
6. Yankees0301 - Falcons
7. Yzerisdaman - Saints
8. Crpalmi - Jags

Available Teams;
Chargers
Chiefs
Steelers
Texans

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeobeavis Wed May 01, 2013 2:55 pm

I will pay 20 total for the last 4 if you want.

Takeobeavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Wed May 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Takeobeavis wrote:I will pay 20 total for the last 4 if you want.
I would actually not be happy with that. It wouldn't do anything to help the product line, and I think most people in this group would pay $20 to add four more teams, regardless of the teams.

I think these should either go to Chris or have the hits be randomized.

By the way...I do believe today is break day!!

Chris...any word on what time the break(s) will happen today?

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Wed May 01, 2013 7:29 pm

Cardman123 wrote:
Takeobeavis wrote:I will pay 20 total for the last 4 if you want.
I would actually not be happy with that. It wouldn't do anything to help the product line, and I think most people in this group would pay $20 to add four more teams, regardless of the teams.

I think these should either go to Chris or have the hits be randomized.

By the way...I do believe today is break day!!

Chris...any word on what time the break(s) will happen today?

Sorry for the lack of communication. I've kind of been flying by the seat of my pants with regards to my schedule. Tonight will indeed be break night so I'll try to email folks that may not be checking in but I apologize if I don't get to everybody. My best guess is that I won't be able to start until about 7:30(ct) which is another hour. We'll start with Hobby 1, Hobby 2, High End, and finish with the Ultra High End.

With regards to the taking of extra teams, my plan is to normally offer a team in each break as freebies to try to recruit more participants but I just haven't had time to organize that. The extra teams in the breaks tonight (with the exception of the Ultra High End group) will go towards a new effort. I'll get details in the Contest/Giveaway section tonight if I have time but if not shortly. You know how I don't like randomizations so it's my effort to avoid doing that with the unclaimed hits. I'll explain shortly in that forum. The free team in the Ultra High End group was saved for one of the participants in our last Multi-Sport Group. I have randomized the participants and the free team (Texans) is awarded to JProvenzano.

Once again, sorry about the late notice and lack of communication this month but rather than push it off another day I say let's do it!

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBoxbreakers Wed May 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Sorry about the delay for those of you in this one! We'll get started in just a couple minutes!

TheBoxbreakers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next