TheBoxbreakers.com Sportscard Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your ultimate pack pull?

+3
nerfderfy
mcfly
TheBoxbreakers
7 posters

Go down

What's your ultimate pack pull? Empty What's your ultimate pack pull?

Post by TheBoxbreakers Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:38 am

We've really seen the emergence of group breaks in the last few years and it got me to thinking about what the "ultimate pull" would be for some of you out there? Would it be an Exquisite LeBron James RC Auto or a Sidney Crosby Cup RC or a Tom Brady SP Authentic Auto... what would it be?

For me I want to experience the "pull of all pulls" (no bad jokes please there are kids on-line) so my dream would be to pull from a sealed pack a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle. Not shooting too high am I? As some of you know I run a bunch of box breaks because I am hooked on the thrill of busting high end wax... even if it isn't me that gets to keep the card. Well my ultimate pack opening experience is to bust a 1952 Topps Wax Pack. While it may seem impossible (since I don't have an extra $5,000 laying around), I am determined to check the box on that life experience. Granted I probably wouldn't ever pull a Mantle but to have the thrill of opening up a piece of history like that would be a memory worth savoring. It'll happen and I already have the plan in how I may be able to do this and I would love to share it here later.

So after that long read...what's your ultimate pack pull? Maybe you've already pulled it and want to share a scan but if there's one that eludes you or is beyond your means to even attempt...list it here so we can see what each other's ideas of a dream pull would be.

TheBoxbreakers

http://www.theboxbreakers.com

Back to top Go down

What's your ultimate pack pull? Empty Re: What's your ultimate pack pull?

Post by mcfly Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:03 pm

I am yet to pull any Titans hits for myself, My entire collection has been by trading the hits I have gotten or by joining box breaks. My ultimate pull would probably have to be pulling a 1/1 Jake Locker Auto Printing Plate.

I know I set my standards low.

mcfly

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfderfy Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Those from TCC might remember the Bird/Magic dual rookie auto buyback /10 I scored in a FREE pack of Bowman Elevation from Dave and Adams. Other than that, I think the Emmitt Smith 1/1 logo shield from 04 Leaf Certified was pretty sweet.
nerfderfy
nerfderfy

Back to top Go down

Post by MWS Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:47 pm

I have had a few good ones but this one shocked me.

What's your ultimate pack pull? Luck_zps69009491
MWS
MWS

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfderfy Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:14 pm

I spoke of it before... Bird/Magic buyback rookie redemption from a dacardworld free pack of Bowman Elevation. Auto'd, slabbed, /10.
nerfderfy
nerfderfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:17 pm

nerfderfy wrote:I spoke of it before... Bird/Magic buyback rookie redemption from a dacardworld free pack of Bowman Elevation. Auto'd, slabbed, /10.

Love to see a pic if you still have it!

Admin
Admin

https://theboxbreakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfderfy Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Sadly, I sold it, however... The original Best Pulls post on Dave and Adam's blog is still around: http://www.dacardworld.com/blog/phenomenal-pulls/phenomenal-pulls-magic-johnson-and-larry-bird-autographed-rookie-card/

Realized I posted twice in this thread - sorry! I always check unread posts and then post, lol.
nerfderfy
nerfderfy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardman123 Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 pm

While I love getting a big card in a group break, there is absolutely no feeling as thrilling a pulling the card out yourself. I've had some nice pulls in my many years of collecting, but two of them stand out as extra special. The first one was one of the first one of one's I've ever pulled, and it was a Hall of Famer to boot! And as most of you from TCC know, I am a big Dodger collector, so the 2nd one was a pull I had when I splurged for a case of 5-Star Baseball last fall. Two pulls that I will always hold dear to my heart.....

NOLAN RYAN ONE OF ONE FROM 2008 UPPER DECK PREMIERE

What's your ultimate pack pull? Th_Ryan1of1au

SANDY KOUFAX 3/5 GOLD INK RED FROM 2012 TOPPS FIVE STAR
What's your ultimate pack pull? Th_IMG_0017

Cardman123

Back to top Go down

Post by pudge27t Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:13 am

lmao! my only "claim to fame"!

What's your ultimate pack pull? PIC_0141

I hit this at his peek of his "hype" during his RC year... i think it was before he showed how he played and also before he went crazy.. lol
pudge27t
pudge27t

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down